Chat: SF/F Poll - check it out!

The Universe and Everything in It

Moderator: Moderators

rocketscientist

Chat: SF/F Poll - check it out!

Post by rocketscientist »

I know this site has some avid readers of SF/F and here's a chance for you to show the world what you think of this year's offerings: https://secure.locusmag.com/2007/2007PollAndSurvey.html

It's the 2007 Locus Poll & Survey. If an author wowed you, moved you to either anger or joy, here's a chance to pay them back. It lists the years offerings and even allows you to put forward your own favs if they aren't listed.

Make a difference - vote. :p

Windwalker
Site Admin

Post by Windwalker »

Several really "classic" names next to the newcomers! I don't recognize all the authors... makes me feel distinctly middle aged (like not recognizing the names of popular bands).
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.

Marie

Locus Scifi/F Poll

Post by Marie »

Hummmm! After glancing through all of the categories in this poll, I sat back in my chair, closed my eyes and wondered.....who the hell have I been reading for the past 45 years! :shock: I was meandering about in left field without a glove or a clue.
Therefore, I proceeding to add my favorites, as you suggested, K and hope the creators of the poll were not shocked by my suggestions. What can I say, none of them were there. :? Tanith Lee, Robin McKinley, Patricia McKillip, Roger Zelazny, Mercedes Lackey, C.J. Cherryh, Andre Norton, Arthur C. Clarke and so on. I guess I must be reading tales for romantics.

intrigued_scribe

Post by intrigued_scribe »

Marie wrote:
Tanith Lee, Robin McKinley, Patricia McKillip, Roger Zelazny, Mercedes Lackey, C.J. Cherryh, Andre Norton, Arthur C. Clarke and so on. I guess I must be reading tales for romantics.
I'd have to say the same; when I (finally) glanced over the list, I also noticed that none of these names were present, and I read the works of more than a few of these authors myself.

Heather

Windwalker
Site Admin

Post by Windwalker »

It's called the tyranny of the new! (*laughs*) In fairness to the young(er), though, these awards are one way of showcasing new talent. Everyone was unpublished and obscure once, even Arthur C. Clarke!
For I come from an ardent race
That has subsisted on defiance and visions.